To our patients and their families
Our office is going to reopen on Monday, June 8 and our team at Kappa Dental Group will be able to provide comprehensive care for all of our patients. Following the recommendations of American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), strict measures are in place to ensure the safety of our staff, patients and families.
We have established a new protocol regarding our schedule, professional attire and conduct, and have made changes to our physical environment in respect to social distancing.
Covid-19 safety protocol
- Appointment times will be scheduled to allow for social distancing.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car in the event that social distancing cannot be respected at the waiting room.
- Patients will be advised to come to the office with no companion or only with one parent/guardian if the patient is a minor.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms prior to their appointment over the phone. If we are not able to communicate with the patient, their appointment will be canceled.
- Patients and all members of the Kappa team will be wearing a mask at all times.
- Protective barriers are installed at the reception desk and all items that cannot be disinfected have been removed from the waiting room.
- Patients would be screened again for COVID-19 related symptoms upon their arrival to the office and their temperature will be recorded with a contactless temporal thermometer.
- Patients will be prompted to store away their belongings and wash their hands. The use of cellular phones is prohibited in the clinical area.
- Patients will rinse with hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds prior to any treatment rendered.
- Our office has always followed strict CDC and OSHA guidelines for infection control. More than ever before, we have implemented stringent disinfection procedures between the patients’ appointments and for all clinical areas.
- Our clinical staff will be wearing enhanced protective personnel equipment (PPE) to provide a barrier between the provider and the patient.
- Patients will be asked to inform our office if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks following treatment so we can proceed with proper documentation and contact tracing for our staff and family members regarding their health status.
We look forward to resuming our work and to serving the dental needs of our community. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty,
The team at Kappa Dental Group